Property Wall Advice, Property and Party Wall Surveyors in South West London

Merlin Gorse are a team of industry renowned and skilled Chartered Building Surveyors and Project Managers focusing on projects across South West London. We can provide you will a skilled, professional party wall surveyor in the South West London area. We pride ourselves on our knowledge and experience and will work to guide you and your project or build through the party wall process.

Whether you are raising a party wall for a loft extension, excavating close to a neighbour's building or building on a boundary it is likely that you will need to serve notice on your neighbour under the Party Wall etc., Act 1996. A Building Owner has many rights in relation to party walls and Adjoining Owners have the right to protect their interest and appoint a party wall surveyor.

What you have to do as a Building Owner;

  • Decide what the works are
  • Find a surveyor who knows about party walls
  • Appoint the surveyor
  • Wait until the surveyor has agreed the party wall award before commencing any works within the time limits laid down

What you have to do as an Adjoining Owner;

  • Examine the notice received from your neighbour
  • Decide whether you want to follow a formal party wall procedure
  • Appoint a surveyor
  • Your surveyor will agree a party wall award which will include a record of the condition of your property and provision for making good any damage that is caused by the works
  • None of this will cost you anything as your surveyor's reasonable fees are paid by the Building Owner.

There are several services which can require the need for a party wall surveyor. These can include the likes of loft extensions, new build developments and even basement extensions. Our South West London party wall surveyors ensure matters are as straightforward as possible so you can get ahead of the important tasks at hand.

We are experienced in party wall matters. Our party wall surveyors in South West London provide clear, honest advice at a competitive price. Please contact us for a free consultation and quotation on 020 8780 5535.