Merlin Gorse - Party Wall Surveyors in South West London
Whether you are raising a party wall for a loft extension, excavating close to a neighbour's building or building on a boundary it is likely that you will need to serve notice on your neighbour under the Party Wall etc., Act 1996. A Building Owner has many rights in relation to party walls and Adjoining Owners have the right to protect their interest and appoint a party wall surveyor.
What you have to do as a Building Owner;
- Decide what the works are
- Find a surveyor who knows about party walls
- Appoint the surveyor
- Wait until the surveyor has agreed the party wall award before commencing any works within the time limits laid down
What you have to do as an Adjoining Owner;
- Examine the notice received from your neighbour
- Decide whether you want to follow a formal party wall procedure
- Appoint a surveyor
- Your surveyor will agree a party wall award which will include
a record of the condition of your property and provision
for making good any damage that is caused by the works
- None of this will cost you anything as your surveyors reasonable
fees are paid by the Building Owner.
We are experienced in party wall matters in London and provide clear, honest
advice at a competitive price. Please contact us for a free consultation
and quotation on 020 8780 5535.